New York Car Accident Lawyers Fighting for Your Rights From Start to Finish
Car accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury lawsuits. Most car accidents are caused by driver negligence, which makes them liable for all resulting damages. If you have been injured in a car accident, hiring an experienced New York car accident lawyer will help ensure that your rights are protected throughout the process.
The first step of the claims process is typically to establish fault through investigating the accident. After liability has been established, the next steps can include negotiating with insurance companies and/or litigating the case in court if necessary. Car accident lawyers will be able to guide you through this complex legal process so that you receive the settlement you are entitled to.
A highly qualified car accident attorney can provide numerous benefits during these trying times. Having an experienced professional advocating on your behalf is often invaluable when dealing with an insurance company, personal injury claim, or car accident lawsuit. They are also invaluable in establishing liability early on so that you can focus on your recovery instead of battling with insurance companies.
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service through quick communication and always keeping you informed about your case’s progress along the way. Our lawyers work tirelessly on behalf of our clients. We help individuals who have been injured in a car accident. If you have been involved in a car wreck, contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can fight for your rights throughout the legal process. Due to the serious injuries that may result from being involved in a car wreck, it is vital that those affected by an auto collision speak with a qualified New York injury attorney as soon as possible after the incident occurs. For legal representation and advice on how to best move forward with your case, contact Mark E. Seitelman Law Offices, P.C. today at 212-962-2649.
What are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Car accidents can be caused by a wide range of circumstances. Anything from drunk driving, speeding, not paying attention to the road, or much more serious causes such as faulty vehicle parts can lead to an auto collision. Some common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving – There is a multitude of outside factors that could potentially distract drivers from focusing on the road ahead. Using cell phones, texting and driving, or becoming distracted by passengers are all common reasons for collisions to occur. Now more than ever, drivers are urged to put their phones away while behind the wheel in order to avoid becoming another victim of distracted driving.
- Drunk Driving – One of the most common causes of car accidents is drunk drivers. When someone consumes too much alcohol before getting into the car, judgment and reaction times are typically hindered leading to less control over the vehicle. If it’s an experienced driver who has only had one or two drinks, their reflexes can still be impaired compared to if they were sober. An accident could happen because they lose control at high speeds or something as simple as not seeing a red light until it was too late to stop at an intersection.
- Faulty Vehicle Parts – Sometimes vehicles are equipped with faulty parts which can cause serious accidents regardless of how well-trained or experienced the driver is. Shoddy car parts might cause unnecessary wear and tear, malfunctions while driving or lead to more serious concerns such as car fires.
- Road Hazards – Road hazards are also often the cause of car accidents. Potholes in roads can be hidden by weather conditions making them difficult to see, construction can cause traffic jams which lead to congestion, poorly-maintained signage could be missed leading to confusion at intersections, and much more besides.
- Vehicle Defects – Vehicle defects are another common reason for collisions. If a manufacturer fails to address design flaws or manufacture products that do not meet safety guidelines then it could result in people getting severely injured or even dying due to a car’s defects.
Auto accidents can have serious consequences for everyone involved, including those who were not at fault for causing the accident. The damage done to vehicles often results in needed repairs which can be costly depending on the extent of the damage. Personal injuries sustained during a collision can lead to medical bills, pain and suffering, lost income if someone is unable to work after being hurt and much more. Insurance companies may try to argue with claims resulting from auto collisions so it’s important to hire a qualified lawyer as soon as possible after getting into a car wreck so they can help you through this difficult time.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto collision, it’s important to seek medical treatment as soon as possible. After seeking medical attention for your car crash-related injuries, get in touch with a car accident lawyer that has experience of handling car accident cases. Our car accident attorneys have helped many injured car accident victims of the years with their car accident claims. We can help you get the justice you deserve moving forward.
How Much Financial Compensation Am I Entitled To?
When a car accident occurs due to someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior, the victims involved in the crash may be entitled to damages. These losses and injuries can include:
- Medical Costs – If you have been hurt in a car accident and require medical attention, your healthcare costs will increase. You may also need treatment long after the initial incident has taken place due to permanent damage that has occurred. When you are injured due to someone else’s actions, these expenses should not come out of your pocket – they should be covered by the negligent party.
- Lost Wages – Whether it is time off from work for doctor visits or missed shifts while recuperating, losing money during this difficult time can make matters worse instead of having them resolved more easily. Your loss of wages should also be covered by the negligent party.
- Pain and Suffering – In addition to your medical expenses and loss of income, you may experience significant pain and suffering due to your injuries. This is another area where damages can be focused on helping those involved receive the compensation they need and deserve.
- Property Damage – If the car accident has damaged your vehicle significantly, you won’t have to pay for these repairs yourself. This type of damage should also be covered by the negligent party. The damages that can be applied in an instance where someone else is at fault for causing a car crash are far-reaching and can include just about anything related to the incident. An experienced lawyer will know which factors they need to focus on when filing your lawsuit so that you receive everything that is coming to you.
- Punitive Damages – Punitive damages are meant to punish the negligent party for their actions and can be difficult to receive because certain factors need to be met before punitive damages will be awarded. If recovering punitive damages are possible, an experienced lawyer may also want to explore that option with your case.
There are many different types of damages you can claim, and it is important for you to fully understand your rights as well as what must be proved in order for financial restitution to take place. Our auto accident lawyers work tirelessly on behalf of our clients and we want each client we represent to know that their case matters. If you’ve been hurt due to someone else’s carelessness or recklessness, contact us today to get the justice you deserve.
How Can a Car Accident Attorney Help Me?
When you get into a car accident because someone else wasn’t paying attention or didn’t think of the consequences that their actions would have, they should be held accountable. If you’ve been hurt in any type of car collision and need help filing your claim so you can receive the financial restitution you deserve, it’s vital to contact an experienced attorney who can guide you through this difficult time.
Our car accident lawyers have years of experience and know what needs to take place in order for you to get the justice you deserve. We want each client we represent to understand that we realize how difficult it is for you right now and we want you to feel confident knowing that your case will be handled with the respect and attention it deserves.
Our firm has worked with many clients who have been injured in a car accident, and we’ve helped them receive the compensation they deserve because of someone else’s careless or reckless behavior. If you believe that you can file a claim due to another person’s negligent actions, our lawyers may be able to help guide you through this process so you can move forward with your life and unfortunate car crash. We can help with filing your car accident lawsuit, assist you with negotiating with the insurance company, and help you prove the extent of your losses. Every automobile accident is different.
If you have suffered catastrophic injuries that include a traumatic brain injury, spinal injury, broken bones, herniated disc, leg injuries, and more, get in touch with our law firm as soon as possible to get started on your case.
Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
When you have been in a car accident because someone else wasn’t paying attention, you may be wondering what type of damages apply to your case. After suffering an injury due to the negligence or recklessness of another driver, it’s important that you get legal assistance from a qualified car accident lawyer who can walk you through this difficult time and advise you on how best to move forward with your claim for compensation.
Car crashes are difficult to recover from on your own. If you’ve suffered injuries because a drunk driver or a distracted driver hit you, or for any other reasons related to the negligence of another party, you should consider taking legal action. A car accident lawyer in New York can make matters right for car crash victims. From analyzing evidence and testimony from the car accident scene to proving negligence and the extent of your injuries, a car accident lawyer can be a helpful guide through your car accident claims process.
Hiring a lawyer doesn’t necessarily mean that there will need to be a lawsuit filed against the person whose actions caused your accident, but knowing that someone is advocating for you and has the experience necessary to fight for what you deserve can help ease some of the stress associated with being hurt in any type of car crash. Recover compensation for your motor vehicle accident today with the help of an auto accident attorney in New York. Reach out to Mark E. Seitelman Law Offices, P.C. at 212-962-2649 to learn more about your legal options going forward.