Mark E. Seitelman is the principal attorney at the Firm. Over the course of his distinguished career he has handled over 10,000 client matters.
Mr. Seitelman handles all aspects of a client’s case in either a “hands-on” or supervisory capacity.
Mr. Seitelman reviews each potential case and client. He meets with each client and reviews the case at the initial meeting to determine the direction that the case will take. He is involved in all other steps of a client’s case, from initial work-up to litigation to ultimate settlement, such as the litigation, trial, arbitration, mediation, appeals, and settlement.
He brings experience in both the plaintiffs’ and defense’s sides to a client’s case.
Mark E. Seitelman is admitted to practice in New York as well as other courts, such as the U.S. Supreme Court and the Court of Appeals for the 2d Circuit. He is a graduate of Brooklyn Law School (J.D. 1979) and Brooklyn College (B.A. 1976).
After law school, Mr. Seitelman spent over 1 year in the New York court system, primarily as the law assistant to Acting Supreme Court Justice Aaron D. Bernstein in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Kings County. He observed some of the state’s best personal injury attorneys at trial as well as received training in civil procedure from the inside of the courthouse.
In 1981 Mr. Seitelman entered private practice. He spent the next six years at Lester Schwab Katz & Dwyer, one of the City’s leading insurance defense firms. Mr. Seitelman assisted senior partners Howard Lester and Harold Schwab in the areas of insurance coverage, defense of insurance brokers, personal injury defense, property damage defense, and products liability. One of the noteworthy cases that he handled was the MGM Hotel Fire Insurance Case which involved pre-trial depositions all over the country.
Mark E. Seitelman is one of New York’s premier personal injury attorneys.
- Listed in New York Super Lawyers for four consecutive years in the areas of plaintiff personal injury, medical malpractice, and insurance coverage as featured in The New York Times - Less than 5% of all lawyers are admitted into Super Lawyers.
- Lifetime membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum – an honor reserved for trial lawyers who have won verdicts in excess of 1 million dollars. Less than 1% of US lawyers are members.
- Preeminent ranking from the Martindale-Hubbell attorney rating system with the highest possible score: 5.0 of 5
- Member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association for which he continues to serve as a lecturer and chair of continuing legal education courses
- Teacher and Course Chairman of Continuing Legal Education Courses for the New York State Trial Lawyers Institute on trials, civil procedure, advertising, and law office management.
- Contributing Editor and Writer to the New York State Trial Lawyers Association publication "Bill of Particulars"
- Super Lawyers – Thomson Reuters – For each of the past 10 years