New York Dangerous Sidewalk and Roadway Attorneys
Unfortunately, New York City sidewalk and roadway conditions are deplorable, which can lead to accidents and injuries.
Some public sidewalks are virtual minefields. Pedestrians must carefully pick a path to avoid potholes, cracks, raised flagstones, holes, broken curbs, bumps and even homemade repairs. Trips and falls on defective sidewalks and roadways are one of the most frequent types of accidents we see.
If you experience a sidewalk fall, your first priority should be to receive the necessary medical attention. After the dust has settled, it is time to hire an attorney. The Seitelman Law Firm’s job is to secure monetary recovery for your sidewalk or roadway injury.
After a sidewalk or roadway accident we urge that you contact our office AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. If you delay, evidence may change or even disappear. For example, a broken sidewalk may be repaved before we have the opportunity to obtain photographs. Further, if the City is involved, there is a short time limit in which to serve a Notice of Claim.
Once you have hired The Seitelman Law Firm, we will immediately perform the following steps:
- We photograph the accident site with a top courtroom photographer.
- We diagram the scene so that it can be identified for all future court documents. The courts have ruled that an inadequate identification of the accident scene will defeat a case.
- We obtain police reports and ambulance call reports pertaining to any injuries sustained.
- We interview witnesses and secure statements about the accident.
- We find proof that the condition existed long before your accident by scouring city records and resources such as the maps of the Big Apple Pothole and Protection Corporation.
- We hire an expert engineer to inspect the sidewalk and prepare a report to establish that the sidewalk was unduly dangerous. The engineer will also opine that the accident could have been avoided by either a repair or a repaving.
Do not delay. You can take the first step in securing your monetary recovery today by calling our office to schedule a free consultation. We will take care of the rest. If you are unable to travel due to your injury, we will come to you.
Are you concerned about the cost of an attorney? Do not worry. You owe us a fee only if we recover money for you and only at the end of the case. If there is no recovery, there is no legal fee.”
*Case expenses remain the client’s responsibility regardless of outcome.