New York Truck Accident Lawyers Relentlessly Pursuing Justice
Truck accidents in New York can lead to fatal injuries and a lifetime of medical conditions which require major financial support. When negligence or recklessness causes such accidents, legal action should be taken immediately to help the victims get the compensation they need. Our New York truck accident lawyers relentlessly pursue justice on behalf of clients who have been injured in such accidents. We offer free case evaluations so you can learn about your right to fair compensation and determine what we can do for you.
Trucking companies and their drivers are responsible for following safety guidelines and operating within them while transporting goods throughout the state of New York. Unfortunately, not every truck accident is the result of an act of God, but rather negligence or reckless actions.
It is crucial to contact an experienced New York truck accident lawyer who can handle your case and explain how the law works to ensure you receive fair compensation for damages. Our firm can help. Our law firm has years of experience serving clients throughout all five boroughs in New York City as well as surrounding areas like Long Island.
Our lawyers represent all types of victims involved in serious commercial vehicle accidents including those caused by tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, tanker trucks, dump trucks, box trucks, flatbeds, cement mixers, and more. We are committed to fighting for fair compensation and making sure you receive 100% of the damages you deserve.
Trucking companies and their drivers should be held financially accountable for any injuries or fatalities caused by truck accidents. Our lawyers can help! We know how to handle truck accident cases and we also understand what it takes to build a strong case against negligent parties who were involved in such accidents. This includes proving that they acted carelessly, recklessly, or intentionally.
Our experienced attorneys will work closely with clients as well as investigators and other professionals to ensure we obtain maximum results for your case; we make sure you get fairly compensated for medical expenses, lost wages, future loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, mental anguish, loss of consortium, and more. For legal representation and advice on how to best move forward with your case, contact Mark E. Seitelman Law Offices, P.C. today at 212-962-2649.
What are Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
Although there are safety regulations set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, many large commercial truck companies overlook these regulations and jeopardize the health and safety of others sharing the road with trucks. Trucking companies and their drivers should be held accountable for all injuries and fatalities that result from truck accidents.
Here are some common causes of truck accidents:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs: Many people do not think twice about getting behind the wheel after a few drinks at dinner or during happy hour, but this is extremely dangerous when driving. Although you may think truck drivers wouldn’t do this because they are on the job, many truck drivers do indulge in drugs and alcohol while on the job to curb the long hours and to alleviate the pain that comes with driving a semi-truck for hours.
- Fatigued driving: Truck drivers are responsible for ensuring they get enough sleep before getting behind the wheel and not over-exhaust themselves while operating their commercial trucks. Unfortunately, many truckers choose to drive while they are excessively tired to make more money. This is extremely dangerous for everyone on the road, especially if it results in an accident that injures or kills other drivers.
- Inadequate training: Truck drivers have detailed requirements laid out by federal regulations when it comes to being licensed, being able to steer a semi-truck, backing up a truck, transporting cargo, and more. Unfortunately, many truck drivers are not properly trained in these areas when they start to work for large trucking companies. This results in them being inadequately prepared to operate a large commercial vehicle on the roadways throughout New York City or anywhere else across the country.
- Speeding: Truck drivers have to abide by speed limits just like everyone else driving on the road. If a truck is speeding excessively while transporting cargo, this can be extremely dangerous for all other drivers sharing the roads with that truck. Similar to a car accident, speeding can make a truck driver lose control of their truck.
- Poorly maintained vehicles: Many larger companies do not closely monitor how their trucks are being fixed and repaired after accidents or breakdowns. Instead of getting their commercial trucks fixed properly, many companies allow their employees to do shoddy repairs with substandard parts which can be extremely dangerous for any drivers sharing the roadways with those commercial trucks. This is why it’s imperative to hire attorneys who know how to build strong cases against negligent parties involved in trucking accidents.
- Cargo loaded improperly: Cargo being loaded onto a truck must meet specific weight and height requirements or it can cause dangerous accidents. If a company is negligent in how they load their commercial trucks with cargo, this could result in the cargo flying off the back of the truck during transport or shifting which can result in loss of control or tipping over. This could cause serious damage to other drivers sharing the roadways with that semi-truck.
If you were injured by a large commercial truck in a tractor-trailer accident, you need an experienced lawyer on your side who knows how to get results for clients involved in these types of accidents. Contact our truck accident lawyers today for valuable legal advice about how we can help you move forward with your claim and win fair compensation from responsible parties embroiled in a serious truck accident case.
What is the Most Compensation I Am Entitled To?
Truck accident injuries can be life-changing, depending on how your serious injuries impact your everyday life. For truck accident victims, proving the extent of your truck accident injuries is critical to receiving fair compensation. Many tractor-trailer accidents and accidents involving trucks result in many catastrophic injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe burns and scarring
- Internal injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
If you have suffered these injuries, you may be eligible to recover financial compensation for your injury, loss of work income, medical expenses, pain and suffering. No amount of compensation can undo what happened to you in your truck accident claim but it can be extremely helpful in moving forward from the incident.
Injuries that impact a victim’s ability to work or live independently can alter his or her quality of life forever. In most catastrophic cases resulting from a large commercial trucking accident, claimants may be entitled to financial compensation for:
Funeral costs: If a loved one is killed in the accident, the family may be able to recover funeral expenses.
Loss of companionship: The financial costs of losing a loved one can be overwhelming and this loss can include loss of companionship, which would include compensation for all future lost wages and benefits that your spouse or parent would have earned had he or she not been killed in the trucking accident.
Medical expenses: All medical costs associated with treatment for injuries sustained in the truck accident must be included. This includes medical bills and surgical treatment and therapy and prescription medications needed to treat injuries caused by the trucking company’s negligence.
Emotional suffering: The financial costs of recovering emotionally from a trucking accident can be astronomical and the amount of compensation that victims of any kind of injury can seek includes compensation for all future therapy and counseling needed to recover emotionally from the injuries caused by the negligent party’s actions.
Loss of wages/lost earning capacity: You may also be entitled to receive money or lost wages if you were injured in a tractor-trailer accident and suffered the loss of work because of your injuries. All expenses related to how you would have earned an income must be included as well, including your expected future wage increases and promotions, which will not occur due to the trucking company’s negligence. This includes lost wages for times spent away from work for medical appointments, surgery, and therapy.
We will do whatever we can to maximize your financial compensation and to see that all responsible parties involved in the truck accident pay for the injuries they caused.
If you have been seriously injured, you need an experienced truck accident lawyer on your side who knows how to get results for clients involved in these types of cases. Contact our truck accident lawyers today for valuable legal advice about how we can help you move forward with your claim and win fair compensation from responsible parties embroiled in a serious truck accident case. We fight hard for victims and their families and we will not back down until we hold negligent parties accountable for their actions.
What Can a Truck Accident Attorney Do to Help Me?
When filing a truck accident lawsuit against the trucking company responsible for your injuries, you should have the help of a truck accident lawyer throughout your case. The trucking company, and the insurance companies that represent them, will do whatever it takes to make you go away and to pay as little for your injuries as possible.
Our job is to make sure that does not happen, which we do by fighting hard for victims and their families. In truck accident claims, there are a lot of people who may be responsible for your injuries – the driver of the tractor-trailer, the company they worked for, and its insurance company – so we will work diligently to determine exactly what laws were violated in causing or failing to prevent the accident and hold all negligent parties accountable.
We investigate every case with great detail and thoroughly evaluate every element of negligence so we can build a strong claim on behalf of victims and their loved ones. Our team has decades of combined experience in all types of serious injury cases, including truck accident claims, and this allows us to do a thorough investigation. We use our experience to seek maximum compensation for victims of truck accidents in New York.
If we cannot reach a truck accident settlement with the insurance company on the other side of your case, we will represent you in court and fight for what you deserve to receive: compensation that covers all your medical expenses, past and future, including any treatment required in the future because of an injury caused by the trucking company.
We will do whatever we can to maximize your financial compensation and to see that all responsible parties pay for the injuries they caused. If you have been seriously injured in a tractor-trailer accident, contact us today for valuable legal advice about how we can help you move forward with your claim and win fair compensation from responsible parties embroiled in a serious truck accident case.
When Should I Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer?
When you are seriously injured in a truck accident, there are several things you need to do. First, make sure that you get immediate medical treatment for your injuries. After you seek medical attention, fully document all expenses related to how your injury has affected your life and ability to earn money.
The next step is to speak with an experienced attorney about your claim. A lawyer can help determine who is at fault for the accident and whether the other party was negligent in causing or failing to prevent the crash. Our attorneys will thoroughly investigate every aspect of the case so we can hold all negligent parties accountable for their actions.
We also act as mediators between victims and insurance companies when it comes to negotiating fair compensation on behalf of our clients, which is why it’s extremely important to speak with one of our truck accident attorneys at the earliest moment after an accident.
When you are ready to discuss your case, call us for a free consultation about all aspects of your injury claim. We will fight hard for victims and their families so that they receive the maximum financial compensation possible under the law for all medical expenses, future treatment costs related to injuries caused by the negligent parties involved in the case.
Reach out to Mark E. Seitelman Law Offices, P.C. at 212-962-2649 to learn more about your legal options going forward.